Most of the portable speakers in use today have Bluetooth, the aux port as well as a memory card slot. These core facilities are what makes it possible for the speakers to be carried around and still perform its primary function which is playing music through either a Bluetooth connection, an auxiliary cable or a memory card.
One key factor that should be taken into consideration when picking or purchasing a portable speaker is its durability because from time to time it would be like your music on-the-go, one you would want to use outdoors, carry around all of which invariably means your speaker would be exposed to water, accidental fall, you name them. On that note, it is advisable to go for one that has been built ruggedly to be able to withstand some of these external and even internal elements that can lead to early damage of your speaker.
It is important to note that in the case of electronic devices and gadgets, none of it is entirely 100% water resistant. There is only an extent to which such gadgets can resist water, so endeavor not to use your portable speaker if you feel like dancing in the rain for hours.
There is a difference in these two terms; water-resistant and waterproof. When we say a gadget is water resistant, what this implies is a couple of water splashes won’t cause any damage to the device but when soaked in water it probably won’t withstand but in the case of a waterproof gadget, it means it can handle being submerged in water for some minutes and not get damaged. So when searching for a waterproof type of speaker, be on the lookout for its IP rating. Their IP rating categorizes water-resistant gadgets.
On that note, we would now take a look at the top six most durable and reliable portable speakers that you can always count on:
1. FUGOO Tough: You can tell from its name that this is a rugged portable speaker. Famed to be 100% mud, water and shockproof. We know for a fact that it has an IP rating of IP67 which makes it very well guarded against dust and water. With a fantastic battery life of as much as 40 hours, it has a range of accessories that can fit your diverse needs.
2. Braven BRV-X: Name tagged as one of the most durable portable speakers and best suited for outdoor use has an inbuilt 5200mAh which can provide as much as 12 hours playback time and still serve as a power bank for charging your phones and other devices as well. It can withstand falls because of its shockproof rubber exterior and has an IPX7 rating for resisting water up to a meter deep for as long as 30 minutes. Also, the BRV-X come with dual playback modes, one of which is best for outdoor use and the other for indoor.
3. Outdoor Tech OT2800-B Turtle Shell: this is one of the most stylish but rugged speakers you will find in the market, with its shape like that of a turtle makes it stands out. It has an IPX7 rating and offers a 20-hour battery life, and the loudspeaker can suffice for a power bank. Not forgetting to mention its two full range drivers and a bass radiator both of which combine to produce a surround sound that covers round like a circle.
4. Divoom Outdoor2: In terms of style and class, you won’t find this speaker on that list. But when it comes to efficiency and effectiveness, the Divoom outdoor portable speaker is number one on the list. This one has a six driver design, providing sound in every direction at 15W and is an excellent choice of speaker for any occasion that requires its use.
5. Photive Hydra: looking to purchase a portable speaker that is cost friendly but also tough and rugged, then Photive Hydra is your best choice. It’s the cheapest amongst the rest listed thus far but still very durable, dust and water resistant with an IP66 rating. Though its battery life is a little under 8 hours, it is still quite efficient for its price.
6. Ultimate Ears (UE) Boom 2: Another durable portable speaker that suits both the indoor and outdoor occasions is the UE Boom 2. It is designed to withstand accidental falls and is water resistant as well with an IPX7 rating. Has a battery life that can last for up to 15 hours, latest version Bluetooth connectivity that consumes power minimally and has a connection range of about a 100 feet. One of the best there is on the market.
The above list of speakers isn’t itemized according to preference but just a list of durable speakers of which you can make your choice from. Below are images of two of the above listed speakers;
Outdoor Tech OT2800-B Turtle Shell 3.0