Planning to install speaker systems in your bathroom? Well, unlike other freestanding audio systems, bathroom speakers are designed specifically for the bathroom conditions. Installing these speakers hasn’t been a simple task. This is because bathrooms don’t have regular power sockets. Also, bathrooms have water hazards, which may inhibit the installation process. However, this doesn’t mean that you cannot catch up on the news or listen to your favorite tracks and podcast in the shower. This article will help you to answer the common questions you may have regarding buying and installing bathroom speakers.
Bathroom Speaker Placement
Bathroom speakers are designed to resist moisture and water. You should know that moisture-proof is different from in-the-showers speakers. Look for an ideal spot to enhance quality sound. While buying the speakers, choose the brands that fit in the respective places perfectly to ensure excellent performance. Here are ideal locations for bathroom speaker placement
- In-ceiling placement: If you are aiming for a balanced sound throughout your bathroom, you need to install speakers in the ceiling. You will enjoy background music while having a shower.
- In-wall placement: installing speakers in the walls of your bathroom will create a live sound experience. Ensure the left and right speakers are positioned in the same distance to produce a balanced and focus sound.
- In the shower: you can install all-round waterproof speakers to play music in the shower. This is something to can endure the shower. Even though these speakers may not rock the best sound quality like the other speakers, you won’t miss your podcasts or your favorite tracks.
Understanding the wireless options
Before buying a bathroom speaker, you should explore the wireless options that can work excellently in your bathrooms. You are already familiar with some options; here is a breakdown of the wireless controls to the bathroom speakers.
- Bluetooth: This is an ideal wireless protocol for many people. You need to estimate the transmission distance to your speakers to that they don’t go beyond the limit of the Bluetooth chip ingrained in your audio device. Besides being extremely easy to use. Bluetooth takes seconds to connect.
- Wi-Fi: audio with Wi-Fi controls have come a long way; they are becoming superior in some ways in sound streaming. Wi-Fi is ideal, especially for premium speakers. It provides multiple features and services for your speaker. Wi-Fi is known to transmit higher audio quality compared to Bluetooth.
- NFC: you will probably hear a lot about the NFC while shopping for wireless speakers. It has a limited range; thus, the connected devices need to stay close to avoid interference. NFC might not be helpful for everyone because it is incompatible with iPhones.
- DLNA: Digital Living Network Alliance, DLNA is a ubiquitous technology that is found in almost all devices ranging from phones to game consoles. However, it is slow compared to other wireless technologies.
An eye on quality
It is essential to learn how to choose quality bathroom speakers. Of course, many companies are coming up with different models with high-end quality. You will want to look at the constructions and other exterior features, the sound quality, as well as the technology applied. Check the material used to manufacture the speaker you intend to buy. Metal will perform better than plastic. Although you can find some solid plastics that are no threat to quality. The entire exterior cabinet should look appealing and solid. You may also look for a stable speaker. Some speakers will be dancing around when you are playing base-heavy music. Lastly, test the speaker to determine sound quality. Choose a bathroom speaker that sounds good to your ears.
Wireless sound systems seem to get better as technology is advancing. It has become easier to connect music from handsets to speakers to enhance excellent audio quality. When you are making a purchase decision, you need to pay attention to all-round options that can transform your bathroom based on your desires. Since there are different categories of bathroom speakers, you might experience a little difficulty picking the right one. But once you have the above piece of information, you certainly can make the right decisions and have fun in your bathrooms.